Passenger Transport Networks recommends these websites:
- How to get from A to B : a Government website that works
- Wise and enthusiastic advice on travelling by train - anywhere
- National Rail is a misnomer, but start here for times and fares
- Transport news from PTN's favourite newspaper
- A quizzical view of our railway's foibles
- The railway industry's natural and vital charity.
The netzgrafik summarises the 'standard hour' times for the Swiss railway network and highlights the concept of interchange hubs. It is produced by SMA using the Viriato software. Will we ever see a British equivalent ?
An animated exposition of the concept of an integraler taktfahrplan was produced by the campaign opposing the redevelopment of Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof. It has made it to YouTube and Facebook - surely a first for anything to do with railway timetables ! View it here.